The Comic Con Cape Town Cosplay Competition is the ultimate display of skill, craftsmanship, and bring characters to life! The cosplay community has been an integral part of Comic Con events worldwide with Comic Cons being a place for self-expression, free of judgement.
Although the title of “Comic Con Cape Town Cosplay Competition Champion” will be won by only a single contestant who achieves the highest score, participants are also in the running to be awarded either of the runner-up titles which include:
· Regional Champion of Armour, for a cosplay that consists of at least 70% armour,
· Regional Champion of Needlework, for a cosplay that consists of at least 70% cloth.
Best Wig, Best Prop, Best Newcomer, Most Creative Techniques, and Judges Favourite are a few of the other awards also up for grabs
Due by 21 April 2024
Due by 24 April 2024
The Comic Con Cape Town Cosplay Competition requires the follow:
· All entrants must be 18+
· No group entries are permitted
· Cosplay must be handcrafted and not commercially purchased or commissioned for purchase
· The entrant must be able to walk unassisted upstairs to access the stage.
· Costumes cannot be obscene or offensive, including insensitive or unnecessary use of makeup, nor endorse any form of hate or any hate group